The Ok-Net-Arable project aims at increasing the productivity and the quality of organic arable farming in Europe by improving exchange of knowledge among farmers, farm advisers and scientists. In this framework a free access self-learning course is available here on the project platform.
The objective of this course is to enable users to familiarize themselves with the latest insights, context and concepts of organic arable farming. Particular attention will be given to tools and practices, collected within the project in order to tackle current difficulties related to production and crop protection.
This course is structured into six modules. Each module is explained through a PPT presentation supported by different tools (practice abstracts, leaflets, guidelines, data calculation, videos, books, reports, web pages etc.). The material is provided in English and covers five thematic areas which are: soil fertility management, nutrient management, pest and disease control, weed management and crop specific issues.
The modules are:
• Strategies to enhance soil fertility and assessment of soil fertility and quality
• Fertilization strategies to enhance nutrient availability in organic arable crops
• Monitoring, preventive and curative measures for pests and diseases management
• Technical tools, strategies and machineries to tackle weeds in organic arable farming
• Crops specific problems and potential solutions in cereals, legumes, fruits and vegetables
• Recovery and final synthesis
The choice of the technology “Content Management System (CMS)” has been made in order to give opportunity for any user, by following the provided link, to access each module presentation. The presentation will guide users to read thoroughly specific tools where they will have the opportunity to discuss, rate and leave a comment for each specific tool in the provided space.